Friday, March 27, 2009

Le Sigh ...

So, my laptop is all fixed ... after spending a whopping $350 on it, yes, its finally working. I realize that for $350 I could have a new laptop but I'm still paying for this one so it seemed better to keep it running at least until I can pay it off. I paid $250 at the repair place to have the DC jack replaced. It seemed like a rip off (and probably was) but I need my computer for work and home so I just sucked it up and paid it. BUT, after getting it home this evening, I realized my AC adaptor was making a chirping noise which my DH tells me is the sound an adaptor makes when its dying... Why they didn't tell us about the broken AC adapter at the repair place, I'll never know. But a quick trip to Best Buy (where I realized that I could now buy my exact laptop for half the price I paid two years ago, grrrrrr) and $100 on a new adapter later, I'm blissfully blogging, checking ravelry and over a week's worth of emails.

1 comment:

Hermione Bagnold said...

Good grief!!! Isn't it so frustrating when people try to suck you for every penny they can? Ugh! Well, I hope it's really and truly fixed and stays in running order for you!