Friday, June 27, 2008
Right now they still have openings for two groups: a crochet only group and a european swap group. If any of my other housemates are interested, head on over to ravelry and check it out! :)
Monday, June 23, 2008
I usually have so much fun reading character blogs and interacting with fellow housemates. I've participated in a number of swaps over the years and the Hogwarts swaps are, by FAR, the most fun and, most importantly, have been relatively drama free.
But all of the drama concerning the latest round of Quidditch is just too much and, frankly, I don't get it. I know it was frustrating, and I can understand that. But its over and continuing to cry foul at this point is a bit absurd to me. Its over, so why continue the drama nearly a day later?
My view of the situation is this: the headmistress said this round would be different, it was, congratulations to Selena, the end. I think that the only way the headmistress can appease some of the angry swappers is to have another 2nd round of quidditch, and so its probably necessary, but can't we all just move on?
I have too much drama in my real life that I can't deal with drama in the online world. I'm hoping everything will die down in a few days, so I'm going to take a hiatus from checking the boards until then. :(
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
It looks like, in spite of my late night efforts, this round is going to come down to the efficiency of the USPS as my partner mailed her hat the same day.
I am really proud of my efforts though :) Even if I didn't make mine in the suggested color (heather green) I think it turned out just as good (or even better) than the hat pictured in the pattern. It looks gorgeous in white and it will match any coat to boot.
b. Professor Umbridge
2. Off what street is the alley where Harry first met Sirius?
c. Magnolia Crescent
3. Tonks’ mother had two sisters, both pure-bloods, and both left on the Black Family Tree. What are their names?
c. Narcissa and Bellatrix
4. What spell are the students studying in McGonalgall’s class when Umbridge is doing her inspection?
d. The Vanishing Spell
5. Who comes to warn Harry and the rest of Dumbledore’s Army that Umbridge and her group of followers are coming to break up their meeting?
6. Who are the members of the Order that met Harry Potter in the Dursely’s house during the summer before his fifth year?
c. Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Remus Lupin, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, Hestia Jones
7. Moody used the Disillusionment Charm on Harry
8. Which of these Death Eaters is Sirius related to?
d. All of these
9. At what age did Sirius leave his home?
10. How many of the original Order members were killed (don’t include those who disappeared)?
Thursday, June 12, 2008
1. It's changing out there. Just like last time. There's a storm coming, Harry. And we all best be ready when she comes.
2. Dumbledore's Army was about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?
3. Dementors in Little Winging? Whatever next? The whole world's going topsy-turvy.
4. The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing.
5. Face it, Petunia. Our boy has gone lumpy.
6. You're a fool, Harry Potter, and you will lose everything.
7. Practicing is good, but there's something else that's even more important: believing in yourself. Look at it this way: every wizard in history has started out as nothing more than we are now -- students. If they can do it, why not us?
8. I WILL have order!
9. When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together.
10. When all this is over we'll be a proper family, you'll see.
11. That's right. Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.
12. You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny: Dumbledore's got style.
13. Who wants to watch me take off Snivelly's trousers?
14. One person can't feel all that, they'd explode!
15. They're very clean, these Muggles. It's unnatural.
16. How dare you speak his name! YOU FILTHY HALF BLOOD!
17. Just because you can use magic now does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything.
18. Did you actually believe, or are you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die.
19. You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
20. Ah, I thought we might hit this little snag. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to -- what is the phrase? -- come quietly.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
2. Who is taking a course in Remedial Magical Symphony?
3. Who got 3 puncture wounds in the bottom of her foot by stepping on a hair brush?
4. Who was formerly employed by the Ministry of Magic?
5. Who has been enrolled in a Magic Fibres Class in order to learn to knit?
6. Whose mother is a squib?
7. Whose father is an auror?
Chrysta the Cursted
8. Whose room smells like wet wool most of the time?
Chrysta the Cursed, Elanor Cadogan and Emma Diggory.
9. What Ravenclaws spent time in the infirmary for allergies?
Wisteria Lovegoods and me (Agatha Vablatsky), although I think that Minee and Chrysta might be making their way their now ...
10. Whose wand is made of holly with a kelpie feather?
11. Whose mother was a Ravenclaw and father was a Hufflepuff when they met at Hogwarts?
12. Whose silencing potion backfired?
Emma Scrimgeour (with the help of her roommates Patonga Pinkstone and Andromache Tonks)
13. Who has purple hair?
14. Whose son attends Hogwarts?
Emma Wigworthy, although Emma Diggory's son is in Hogwarts Preschool...