Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Question: What is Arthur’s nickname for Molly when they are alone together?
2. What two names does Mrs. Cole call Dumbledore when she takes him to see Tom Riddle at the orphanage?
Mr. Dumberton and Dunderbore
3. What is the name of Ginny's Pygmy Puff?
4. What three D's are needed for apparating?
Destination, Determination, Deliberation
5. What spell did Harry perform when he was attacked by Dementors?
Expecto Patronum (a.k.a. the Patronus Charm)
6. Who did an arrow salute at Dumbledore's funeral?
7. What did Dumbledore set on fire to prove to Tom Riddle that he was a wizard?
8. What Christmas present did Kreacher give Harry?
A bunch of maggots
9. What is on top of the Weasleys' Christmas tree?
A stupefied garden gnome that was painted gold, wearing a tutu and had wings glued to his back.
10. What was the most popular item at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes?
11. Why did Harry threaten to kick Ron off the Griffindor Quidditch team?
Because he was being jerky and had a bad attitude around teammates.
12. What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?
13. Who did Hermoine go to Slughorn's party with?
14. Who is Mrs. Weasley's favorite singer?
15. Who are the only two people who know the full contents of the prophecy made about Harry and Lord Voldemort?
Harry and Dumbledore
It took forever to get out of the infirmary, and by then Professor Severus Snape was in a foul mood. Luckily, he knew how to improve it: by finding the culprits and making him, her or them pay. Severus Snape had overheard some students giggling in the hallways the other day about Agatha Vablatsky's stash of doxy eggs, so he had a good idea of who to interrogate first. Unfortunately for him, but rather fortunately for Agatha Vablatsky, the common room password had recently been changed to Chudley Cannons , so Severus Snape couldn't enter. The Fat Lady looked up from her portrait and laughed at the cursing, frustrated Professor.
The old Professor Severus Snape would have thrown a hissy fit at being taunted by a mere portrait, and blasted the thing all the way into the 3rd floor girl's bathroom. The new Professor Severus Snape went to 17 weeks of Anger Management classes, punched a lot of pillows, and took up Basketweaving. And started subscribing to the Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes catalogue.
Professor Severus Snape 's first class off the day was Transfiguration with the 3rd year Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. It took them 2 hours to clean up after the entire carton of Nosebleed Nougat that went off and clung to their robes, schoolbooks, and any exposed flesh. The students all knew that Agatha Vablatsky was planning to do something in Transfiguration to get Professor Severus Snape, so everyone blamed her for the prank and gave her the cold shoulder for 17 days, until Arae Hydra blew up the Divination classroom with a misplaced charm and became the new pariah-of-the-hour.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I'm trying to do a little midweek de-stressing so I've been doing all of the other house's coursework to try to keep my mind off of things for a little while (sad, I know, but I'm really REALLY stressed right now so I'm doing anything I can to get my mind off work / school / life for awhile).
1. Where did the first kiss between harry and Ginny occur?
a. The Gryffindor Common Room
2. Severus Snape made an unbreakable vow to whom?
b. Narcissa Malfoy
3. Why is Hagrid upset with Ron, Harry and Hermione?
c. They did not take his class in their 6th year
4. Who is the Half-Blood Prince?
b. Severus Snape
5. At what age are you legally allowed to Apparate?
6. How long does it take to brew a batch of Felix Felicis?
c. 6 months
7. What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?
c. You die
8. Which one of your roommates snores the loudest?
They’re both pretty quiet, so I would have to say that I’m the loudest between Patonga, Fleur and myself.
9. Which Hogwart's student is secretly dating the new DADA Professor Lucius Whitmarsh?
That’s pretty easy and not much of a secret – Wisteria Lovegoods, of course!
10. Describe your favorite item found in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!
The Daydream Charm. I use them on myself everyday to get away from the stress of classes.
Gryffindor Assignment - 3:
“OFXMWPOZCP DLJD APZAWP QTYO TE QLC PLDTPC EZ QZCRTGP ZESPCD QZC MPTYR HCZYR ESLY MPTYR CTRSE.”
“Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.”
Hufflepuff Quiz 4:
1. Severus Snape
4. Minerva McGonagall
7. Agatha Vablatsky
8. Chudley Cannons
9. The Fat Lady
14. Nosebleed Nougat
15. Arae Hydra
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Friday, October 10, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
An Elixir of Euphoria
2. What ingredient can be used to counteract the effect of the above side effects?
3. How much can you get for Acromantula venom?
One hundred galleons per pint
4. What is the most powerful love potion in the world?
5. What antidote does Harry use to help Ron when he is poisoned by Madam Rosmerta's finest mead?
6. How does Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Owl Order Service get their potions past the security at Hogwarts to their customers?
They disguise them in perfume or cough syrup bottles
7. What did Draco Malfoy make in Potions class when Professor Slughorn assigned them to make something amusing?
A hiccuping elixir
8. What spells will not work in an area affected by Instant Darkness Powder?
Light spells, such as Lumos, and fire magic
9. What are the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death?
Asphodel, Wormwood, Valerian Roots, and a single Sophorous Bean
10. How much will unicorn tail hair fetch?
Ten galleons per hair
Answering the following questions are extra credit and will earn you an additional ticket in the drawing for the prize.
1. Do you prefer to knit or crochet? It depends on the project. For blankets and large items, I like to crochet so it doesn't take forever to finish. I tend to knit smaller projects.
2. What is your favorite weight yarn to knit/crochet with? Worsted weight, especially natural fibers.
3. What fiber contents do you most like to knit/crochet with? What fiber contents do you dislike knitting/crocheting with? Natural fibers are my favorite. I don't like crafting with novelty fibers or really rough / itchy fibers.
4. How many complete pair of socks have you knit/crochet? For myself? None. For family and friends, 4 or 5.
5. What is your favorite item to knit/crochet? BAGS! And blankets :) And an occassional Harry Potter scarf or two.
6. What is your favorite treat? Craisins and chocolate!
7. Do you drink coffee, tea, or both? Only tea.
8. Do you have an online wish list? If so, where? I don't have one.
9. How many Ravelry groups are you in? 28.
10. Is there any special item you have been really wanting, but can't find in your local area? Not really.