Sunday, September 14, 2008

HSKS Questionnaire

Potter Name: Agatha Vablatsky

Rav ID: knitterphd

I am allergic to: Spring and fall (lol) but no fibers or anything like that. Smoke irritates me a bit but I'm not allergic per se

Pets that I have: Two dogs (Daisy - My German Shorthaired Pointer mix and Gigabyte - An Alaskan Eskimo Mix), Two cats (Blaze and Skillet), and Two African Dwarf Frogs (Maggie and Norville)

My favorite yarn: I love soft comfy fibers. I work with wool and cotton mostly and love working with soft superwash fibers.

If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors? Movie colors (blue and silver)

My favorite flavor: I can't pick just one! Lavender-vanilla, Chocolate or blueberry would be my top three

My favorite holiday: Christmas

I would like to receive a: I said I wanted a surprise kit on my application but, in thinking about it, I really need a scarf to wear to the HP premiere. Of all of the HP things I've made for myself, I've never made myself an authentic HP scarf!

List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: I LOVE my Denise's Interchangables but as far as single needles, I'm a big fan of Addi Turbos. I only have them in sock sizes so, for a scarf kit, I would need larger ones. I tend to work more with circulars too because they're so easy to fold up and tuck in my bag. I think that for the "authentic HP movie scarf" pattern, I would need size 8 circs in 16" length.

Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: I'm always up for trying new needles but there aren't any that I've been specifically looking at.

I've participated in HSKS: (How many times have you participated in HSKS swaps?) This is my third time.

Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? No (Mine is December 30th).

4 comments:

YogaKnot said...

I have an english pointer! They thought he was a german shorthair pointer at first but the vet told us his nose was different or something. :) I love my pointer!

Minerva

Patonga Pinkstone said...

Hi from one of your new roomies. I also have a December birthday :(

Fleur Sweeting said...

Hello! I'm your other roommate. Just stopping by to say hello. :)

Apparently, we are all scientists... How odd! (And there's a chance I might take you up on the offer to move to Tennessee for a job, so don't tempt me... ;))

Heather said...

Hiya Ag,

You're the last one for 100% Ravenclaw for the Quidditch quiz...
see you tomorrow for seeking the snitch.

:-) Hettie