Saturday, July 26, 2008

Still Recovering, in Many Ways

This was a very long week. My family left town on Sunday and I spent most of the week dealing with homesickness and missing them :(

My hands still hurt from Tuesday and the duel club. I will probably not do speed knitting again, although I seem to be pretty good at it. I guess its the combination of not having much time in my day to day life to knit and working well under stress. I also realized I have the perfect duel set up at my office. My boss is not in my same location so most of the time, I am able to knit at work. I'm also right around the corner from a post office (literally a few paces) so once I was finished, I could mail it immediately. But in looking at other knitting competitions out there (like hat attack and sock wars) I'm not so sure I could ever do it for a long period of time. There are so many participants that it can take weeks of knitting to compete and I think that the HSKS duel club was more my speed (I can handle knitting 4 hats).

Yesterday was a difficult day as well. It would have been my grandmother's 80th birthday had we not lost her a few years ago. I haven't dealt with my grandmother's death very well, and these little milestones which are supposed to be getting easier to handle seem to be getting much much worse. My SO and I went out for banana splits (her favorite dessert) and it helps having some way to honor her but its still tough.

I'm going to have to do something very special for my fiance when I get through this rough patch. He's been really good about keeping me distracted this week so that it went by a little easier.

Okay, enough of the bad stuff. Arabella, expect your owl early next week! Sorry about all of the delays. I seem to have a little black raincloud that follows me around when it comes to swaps. I always have trouble receiving items I've ordered for swap packages. This time, I even put the order in early to make sure it was delivered and a backordered item (which became backordered AFTER I'd placed the order) slowed its delivery down. It was a key component of the package so I had to wait. I just wish it hadn't taken so long.

I'm going to try to slowly knit a swatch to felt in preparation for the ravelympics. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: