Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My First Sock

I was looking around my room, wondering what I could possibly write about for Emma Gorodok's contest for the bag pattern, when I saw the first sock I ever knitted perched upon my fireplace mantle. Why is it there, you may be wondering? Because you'll notice I'm not talking about my first PAIR of socks. I've placed the sock upon the mantle until I finish it's mate :) It's a constant reminder that I must get over my "second sock syndrome" and actually complete them because they are so pretty!

The pattern was super-basic. A simple 2 x 2 ribbing followed by straight knitting for the rest. But the yarn is my favorite part! Its Sockotta Sock Yarn by Plymouth and its self-striping in a beautiful fair isle pattern. I got the yarn and the pattern for Christmas ... in 2006 :( I am planning on finishing them someday!

Here's a picture of my sock in its current storage space :)

1 comment:

Emma Gorodok said...

what a beautiful yarn, you really should finish this pair - you will love to wear them